Image via Pexels
If you’re feeling burned out from the daily grind and want to improve your wellness, you may be interested in some simple tactics to help you not only survive but thrive. For women everywhere, focusing on holistic wellness can be an effective way to overcome the stress of work and everyday life. Courtesy of The MMA Historian, here are five tried-and-true ideas that can help you boost your wellness and beat the banality of everyday life.
1. Relieve Stress and Tension in the Home
Your home is essential to your well-being, especially if you work from home. However, even if you work in an office, transforming your house into a vibrant personal oasis can relieve your tension and help you feel refreshed.
For example, if your family members are adding to your stress by arguing, criticizing each other, or constantly complaining, you can help lighten the mood by brightening up your surroundings. Try cleaning your house once a week, clearing out all clutter, and opening the blinds and windows to let in sunlight and fresh air.
2. Change Your Diet
According to one study, your diet can impact all aspects of your wellness, from your mental well-being to your physical health and more. Even if you can’t change your work schedule or drop your chores, you can support your holistic health by eating better. Adapt your diet to include:
- Seeds and nuts, including nut butter
- Whole grains and fiber-rich foods
- Nutrient-filled fruits and vegetables
- Lean meats, fish, and other protein sources
- Healthy fats, such as avocados
3. Add Relaxation and Stress Relief to Your Routine
To not only survive the everyday grind but to thrive, it’s important to make stress relief and daily relaxation a part of your lifestyle. Try some simple ways to incorporate relaxation into your workday routine.
For example, you could set an alarm for a five-minute break once per hour. During that break, you can dance around to your favorite song, step out for some fresh air, rest your eyes, have a small snack, or do whatever makes you feel rejuvenated.
4. Improve Your Work-Life Balance
Many women struggle with achieving the ideal work-life balance. To minimize work encroachment on your personal time, you may want to:
- Set a strict end time for your workday and stick to it.
- Book a spa day for the weekends.
- Avoid answering emails outside of business hours.
- Plan upcoming vacations or staycations to keep yourself motivated.
- Meditate or practice yoga every morning and practice daily gratitude.
- Be willing to open new career doors – perhaps by pursuing web based medical coding coursework!
5. Strengthen Your Body and Soul
Lastly, remember that a healthy body can support a healthy mind. You can get into a fitness routine that fits into your schedule. For instance, you could:
- Join the closest gym near your home.
- Consider getting involved in MMA for a tough but confidence-building workout.
- Meet with a friend after work and go to a group exercise class.
- Squeeze in 30 minutes of jogging, stretching, or weightlifting before work.
- Install a standing desk or a treadmill desk to work on your fitness during your workday.
Although you may not be able to stop the daily grind, you can make the most of it and even thrive by focusing on your wellness every day. With these five easy tips, you could be on your way to your healthiest, most vibrant self yet.
The MMA Historian is a 29 year old MMA and full contact sports fan; mostly mixed martial arts fan, who has been enjoying and studying the sport for over a decade. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!